A great new flavor for your traditional salsa!
- 2 cups diced (1/4 inch) cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 (2-inch-long) fresh Serrano, minced (including some seeds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Toss together all ingredients in a bowl and let stand, covered and chilled, 10 minutes.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Cantaloupe, Vidalia Onion, Lime Juice, Serrano Pepper, Basil, Salt.
In 1987, the National Garden Association began the tradition of honoring the horticultural world with an April week devoted to highlighting the benefits of gardening. In 2003, one week became four, and today April is National Garden Month. Throughout this early spring month, the National Garden Association shares tips and resources for growing a variety of plants.