A great new flavor for your traditional salsa!
- 2 cups diced (1/4 inch) cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 (2-inch-long) fresh Serrano, minced (including some seeds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Toss together all ingredients in a bowl and let stand, covered and chilled, 10 minutes.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Cantaloupe, Vidalia Onion, Lime Juice, Serrano Pepper, Basil, Salt.
Overnight oatmeal is a piece of cake, and oatmeal is a great food to include in a heart-healthy diet. The only thing to watch out for is added sugar: many of us like our oatmeal covered in sugar. This recipe uses carrots and raisins and spice to minimize the need for sugar while keeping the flavor and texture high. It does include maple syrup, but you can leave the maple syrup out without hurting the flavor if you want to balance the nutrition a bit better.