The salad ingredients are simple and familiar, which makes it easy to prepare. The dressing is something pretty special, bringing the dish together for a creamy, delicious treat you’ll love to make over and over.
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅔ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. minced chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup diced avocado
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.75 oz.) can no-salt-added corn, rinsed and drained
- Puree dressing ingredients together using a food processor or blender.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss salad with dressing to coat. Serve immediately.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.5g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 15g|
|Vitamin D 0.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 241.4mcg||25%|
|Vitamin C 13.4mg||15%|
|Vitamin E 1.7mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 62.2mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B6 0.6mg||35%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||8%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chicken, Black Beans (black Beans, Water, Salt), Canned Corn, Romaine Lettuce, Nonfat Greek Yogurt (grade A Pasteurized Skimmed Milk, Live Active Yogurt Cultures (l. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus)), Tomatoes, Avocado, Red Onion, Lime Juice, Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce (water, Tomato Paste, Dried Chipotle Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Corn Oil, Less Than 2% Of Iodized Salt (contains Potassium Iodate), Corn Starch, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spices), Cilantro, Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…