The Added Sugars Debate
Recorded: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:00 pm ET.The credit for this webinar has expired. Please consider our most recent webinar to earn a valid CPE credit.
Sugar, sugar everywhere! With growing concerns over sugar overload in the diet, this Guiding Stars webinar will explore the debate over the impact of added sugars on our health and how science, legislation and other influences affect our consumption.
How do you identify added sugars in foods?
How do you recognize use of sugar substitutes and alcohols?
You’ll learn about:
- Recent research related to the impact of added sugars on our present and future health and why use of added sugars has caught the attention of the health community
- How government regulation, subsidies and other programs affect the use of added sugars in our food supply
- The conflicts and different opinions related to use of added sugars in our food supply
- Food label terms for added sugars and sugar substitutes
- Daily guidelines for added sugars and the difference between the many forms of added sugars
- Slides from this webinar (PDF)