- 2 slices Hannaford Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/4 of 1 very ripe Avocado from Mexico
- 2 Tbsp. Cedar’s® Lemon Hommus
- 1 oz. Cabot® 50% Light Cheddar Cheese, sliced
- 1 small handful Fresh Express® Spinach and Arugula
- 2 oz. Taste of Inspirations® Oven Roasted Herb Turkey Breast
1. Mash avocado and spread on one slice of bread.
2. Add some crunch by adding 1 Tbsp. Planters NUT-rition Wholesome Nut Mix, finely
chopped, to Lemon Hommus. Spread Hommus mixture on the other slice of bread.
3. Layer remaining ingredients to build the sandwich. Enjoy!
For all the benefits of the plant-based diet, and especially for those on a vegetarian diet, there is still one very important consideration, which is the lack of B12. Our bodies can’t produce B12, the essential, water-vitamin found mostly in meat and dairy foods, and therefore we must seek it in our diet. For those on a plant-only diet, there are many fortified foods and supplements available to help them meet their B12 needs. This raises the question as to how easy it is to become deficient in B12 and whether supplements and fortified foods are an adequate replacement.