Winter Vegetable Soup - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Watch the snow fall while staying warm with this delicious soup!


  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cups chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 pinch ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
  • 1 tablespoon tamari
  • 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
  • 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste


1. Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, garlic, celery and sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Season with paprika, turmeric, basil, cinnamon, cayenne, and bay leaf. Stir to blend, and then stir in vegetable broth and tamari. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.

2. Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans and green pepper to the soup, and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are tender. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 105; Total Fat 2g (3% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 0.5g (0% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 160mg (7% DV); Total Carbohydrate 18g (7% DV); Dietary Fiber 4.5g (14% DV); Total Sugars 5g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 4g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 4% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 6% DV; Molybdenum 50% DV; Vitamin A 25% DV; Copper 20% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at
© 2024 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796