Tempeh Sloppy Joes - 1 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
One Guiding Star icon One Guiding Star indicates good nutritional value.

Soft, warm bread heaped with tomato sauce full of tempeh and veggies makes a cozy, easy meal you can throw together on any weeknight.


  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 16 oz. tempeh, crumbled
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • ½ tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
  • ½ cup frozen corn
  • 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
  • 6 whole grain rolls, sliced in half


  1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Stir in tempeh and cook 2 minutes. Add sugar, garlic powder and cayenne.
  2. Reduce heat to medium. Add bell pepper, zucchini, corn, red wine vinegar and soy sauce. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
  3. Add tomato sauce and paste, cooking until vegetables are softened. Spoon onto rolls to serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 370; Total Fat 11.5g (14% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1.5g (8% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 350mg (15% DV); Total Carbohydrate 48g (17% DV); Dietary Fiber 9.5g (32% DV); Total Sugars 16g; Includes 9g Added Sugars (16% DV); Protein 22g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 15% DV; Iron 30% DV; Potassium 15% DV; Vitamin C 35% DV; Niacin 20% DV;
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/tempeh-sloppy-joes/
© 2024 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796