Summer Pasta - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

All the flavors of summer come together in this simple pasta dish that will impress dinner guests as easily as it will come together quickly on a busy night. It’s easily made vegetarian or vegan, too–just swap vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth and replace the Parmesan with a little nutritional yeast.

Ingredients

  • 8 oz. spaghetti
  • 2 tsp. margarine
  • 1 onion, cut into wedges
  • 2 cups broccoli florets
  • 2 carrots, thinly sliced
  • 1 med. zucchini, sliced
  • 1 med. yellow summer squash, sliced
  • ¾ cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
  • ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
  • ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
  • 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ¼ tsp. pepper
  • 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, omitting salt. Drain well.
  2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the margarine in a large skillet and add the onion, sauté until soften (2-3 minutes).
  3. Stir in the vegetables and chicken broth. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender (5-6 minutes).
  4. Stir in parsley, basil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and cook to combine the flavors (2-3 minutes).
  5. Toss the spaghetti with the vegetable mix and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 205; Total Fat 3g (4% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1g (4% DV); Trans Fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 2mg (1% DV); Sodium 290mg (13% DV); Total Carbohydrate 37g (14% DV); Dietary Fiber 3.5g (13% DV); Total Sugars 5g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 8g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 6% DV; Iron 10% DV; Potassium 10% DV; Vitamin K 60% DV; Vitamin C 50% DV; Folate 50% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/summer-pasta/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796