Stone Fruit Salad with Toasted Almonds - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Stone fruit is most readily available in the early summer. This salad makes use of a wide variety to create a sweet and perky dish that’s finished beautifully with goat cheese and nuts.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Riesling or other sweet white wine
  • 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. almond oil
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • ⅛ tsp. black pepper
  • 8 cups mixed salad greens
  • 3 plums, sliced
  • 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
  • 2 nectarines, peeled and sliced
  • 2 apricots, peeled and sliced
  • ¾ cup pitted fresh cherries, halved
  • ¼ cup (2 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted

Directions

  1. Heat wine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 10 minutes).
  2. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
  3. To serve salad, toss salad greens and fruit with dressing. Sprinkle with goat cheese and sliced almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 200; Total Fat 6g (8% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1.5g (8% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 4mg (2% DV); Sodium 160mg (7% DV); Total Carbohydrate 25g (9% DV); Dietary Fiber 3.5g (14% DV); Total Sugars 18g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 5g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 6% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 10% DV; Vitamin K 100% DV; Copper 35% DV; Vitamin C 25% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/stone-fruit-salad-with-toasted-almonds/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796