Roasted Chile Salsa - 3 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Three Guiding Stars icon Three Guiding Stars indicate the best nutritional value.

Use your favorite chile variety to make this recipe your own. If you like a spicier salsa, save the chile seeds and add to the final product until your hit the heat you’re looking for. Serve with tortilla chips that earn Guiding Stars or with your favorite southwestern recipes.

Ingredients

  • 2 chiles
  • 2 medium shallots, peeled
  • 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
  • 1 pound cherry tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar (red wine vinegar works well here too)
  • 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup water, plus more for thinning

Directions

  1. Set a rack in the oven as close as possible to the broiler. Preheat broiler on high.
  2. Place chiles, shallots, garlic and cherry tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Broiled the vegetables until blackened all over. Take the pan out occasionally and flip the vegetables to ensure even blackening.
  3. Take the pan from the broiler and set aside the chiles and garlic. Place remaining vegetables in a food processor and let cool. Once the chiles and garlic are cool enough to handle, remove stems, skin and seeds and add the food processor with the rest of the vegetables.
  4. Once cooled, pulse the vegetables a few times, then add sherry vinegar, lime juice, kosher salt and water. Continue pulsing until everything is well combined. The mixture should be chunky.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 25; Total Fat 0g (0% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 50mg (2% DV); Total Carbohydrate 6g (2% DV); Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV); Total Sugars 3g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 1g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 2% DV; Iron 0% DV; Potassium 4% DV; Vitamin C 30% DV; Copper 10% DV; Vitamin B6 10% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/roasted-chile-salsa/
© 2022 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796