Not only are hot peppers an excellent source of vitamin C, but they also contain capsaicin, the antioxidant that gives peppers their heat and may have anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties
- 15 jalapeños (sweet mini peppers may be substituted for a mild version)
- 1 (12 Oz.) package Italian style chicken sausage
- 1/2 cup Sharp Light Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp. Artichoke and Kalamata Hommus
- 1/2 ripe Avocado, cut into 15 pieces (optional)
1. Wash peppers. Split lengthwise and remove seeds.
2. Remove 3 links of sausage (save the remaining 3 for another use).
3. Crumble sausage (which is precooked) and mix with sharp light cheddar. If a crisper sausage filling is desired the sausage may be sauteed first before mixing with cheese.
4. Stir in hummus.
5. Stuff peppers.
6. Grill indirectly over medium low heat until peppers are starting to soften and stuffing is hot and starting to crisp. Alternatively, the peppers can be baked uncovered in a 425˚F oven for 10-15 minutes.
7. Garnish with a small slice of avocado if desired.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||4%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 0g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 129.7mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 46.4mcg||50%|
|Vitamin E 0.8mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 3.9mcg||4%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Mild Chicken Sausage (skinless Chicken, Water, Red And Green Peppers, Sea Salt, Paprika, Fennel Seed, Pepper And Onion), Jalapeno Pepper, Sharp Light Cheddar Cheese (fresh Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes, Vitamin A Palmitate, Annatto (if Colored)), Artichoke Kalamata Hommus (fresh Steamed Chickpeas, Water, Marinated Artichokes (artichokes, Water, Salt, Vinegar, Oil, Citric Acid), Sunflower Oil, Olive Oil, Blend Of Kalamata / Black Olives, Sesame Tahini, Citric Acid, Sea Salt, Guar Gum, Garlic, Cumin).
Guacamole made with simple ingredients adds a nice boost of heart-healthy fats and produce to any wrap, and paired with this delicious pork, your friends will be fighting more over the last wrap than over whose team is better on the field.