Quinoa Fruit Bake - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Make this dish the night before and reheat in the microwave, or whip it up fresh for a brunch. You’ll love the combination of sweet spices with soft quinoa interspersed with delicious fruit. If you like a good, fruit-heavy breakfast, don’t hesitate to double down on the berries or apples. Sweeter apple varieties provide a particularly delightful end result, so don’t be afraid to play!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. allspice
  • 1½ cups frozen berries
  • 1 apple, cubed
  • ½ cup walnuts, chopped
  • ⅔ cup egg whites
  • 2 cups skim milk
  • ¼ cup agave nectar

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
  2. Toss uncooked quinoa with spices. Pour across bottom of the pan. Spread fruit and nuts over the top.
  3. Whisk together egg whites, milk, and nectar. Pour over fruit and quinoa and stir very gently.
  4. Bake for 1 hour, until casserole is mostly set. Serve warm.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 430; Total Fat 12.5g (17% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1.5g (8% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 3mg (0% DV); Sodium 125mg (5% DV); Total Carbohydrate 65g (24% DV); Dietary Fiber 8g (29% DV); Total Sugars 31g; Includes 14g Added Sugars (28% DV); Protein 18g; Vitamin D 6% DV; Calcium 15% DV; Iron 15% DV; Potassium 15% DV; Manganese 80% DV; Copper 70% DV; Riboflavin 45% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/quinoa-fruit-bake/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796