Quinoa Croquettes - 3 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Three Guiding Stars icon Three Guiding Stars indicate the best nutritional value.

This vegan treat eats like fast food with the nutrition of pure vegetables. Serve with just a dash of your favorite hot sauce and a fresh side of seasonal greens.

Ingredients

  • 2 large potatoes
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. garam masala
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ cup peas
  • 3 Tbsp. olive oil

Directions

  1. Pierce potatoes with a fork and microwave, turning every 3 minutes, until soft (10-12 minutes). Let cool until safe to handle (10 minutes).
  2. While potatoes are cooking, cook quinoa according to package directions.
  3. When potatoes are safe to handle, slice in half, scoop out flesh, and mash with a fork. Stir in cooked quinoa, cilantro, salt, cumin, and garam masala.
  4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and peas until soft (2-3 minutes).
  5. Stir garlic and peas into potato mixture to combine. Form into 12 patties.
  6. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add four patties to the pan and cook until crispy, turning once (3-4 minutes per side).
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 260; Total Fat 9g (12% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 135mg (6% DV); Total Carbohydrate 40g (15% DV); Dietary Fiber 5.5g (21% DV); Total Sugars 3g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 7g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 2% DV; Iron 15% DV; Potassium 15% DV; Copper 35% DV; Manganese 35% DV; Vitamin B6 25% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/quinoa-croquettes/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796