Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Pumpkin and chocolate are a wonderful combination, especially when paired with that classic fall spice combination. Lightly sweetened with dates, these cookies are delicious and keep the sugar in your treats low.

Ingredients

  • 6 dates
  • 1 cup instant oats
  • ¾ cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp. nutmeg
  • ¼ tsp. ginger
  • 1½ tsp. baking powder
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • ¾ cup pumpkin purée
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Soak dates in enough warm water to cover for at least 1 hour. Purée with just enough of the water to achieve a smooth paste.
  2. Preheat oven to 325°F.
  3. Stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, pumpkin purée, and vanilla. Stir in the puréed dates.
  5. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
  6. Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto a baking sheet. Bake until springy to the touch (12-15 minutes). Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely (1 hour).
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 125; Total Fat 3.5g (4% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 75mg (3% DV); Total Carbohydrate 22g (8% DV); Dietary Fiber 3g (11% DV); Total Sugars 9g; Includes 2g Added Sugars (4% DV); Protein 3g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 4% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 4% DV; Manganese 40% DV; Molybdenum 20% DV; Copper 10% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796