Penne with Lentils - 3 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Three Guiding Stars icon Three Guiding Stars indicate the best nutritional value.

Lentils are a wonderful source of protein and fiber. They’re good for the planet and good for your body, and gosh darn it, they’re just plain tasty if you cook ’em right. This simple dish is a yummy and easy way to try adding lentils to your diet.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup lentils
  • 8 oz. whole-wheat penne
  • 1 (26 oz.) jar Guiding Stars-worthy pasta sauce
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Bring water to a boil in a large pan over high heat. Add the lentils and lower heat to medium.
  2. Cook lentils for 10 minutes. Add pasta. Cook until pasta and lentils are done (10-15 minutes).
  3. Drain, return lentils and pasta to pot, and stir in sauce and seasoning. Heat through and serve, garnished with cheese.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 365; Total Fat 3.5g (4% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 3mg (1% DV); Sodium 290mg (13% DV); Total Carbohydrate 70g (25% DV); Dietary Fiber 10.5g (38% DV); Total Sugars 8g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 20g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 10% DV; Iron 35% DV; Potassium 10% DV; Manganese 80% DV; Selenium 70% DV; Copper 60% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/penne-with-lentils/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796