Peanut Butter Banana Oat Cookies - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

If you choose gluten-free oat and oat flour, these cookies will be gluten-free. For more of a banana bread-like taste, add the spices from your favorite banana bread recipe and omit the chocolate. To make vegan, use dairy-free chocolate chips.

Tip: Instead of buying oat flour, you can pulse rolled oats in a food processor until finely ground.



  • 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
  • 5 Tbsp. water
  • 2 medium bananas, mashed
  • ½ cup natural peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 3 Tbsp. maple syrup


  • 1½ cup rolled oats
  • ½ cup oat flour
  • ½ cup almond meal
  • ½ tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
  • ⅛ tsp. salt
  • 3 Tbsp. walnuts, chopped
  • ¼ cup dark chocolate chips


  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
  2. Combine flaxseed and water. Let sit to form a gel (10 minutes).
  3. Whisk together all wet ingredients, including gelled flaxseed mixture.
  4. Stir in oats, almond meal, and oat flour. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
  5. Drop dough by spoonfuls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake until springy to the touch (15-17 minutes).
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 130; Total Fat 7g (9% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1.5g (8% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 50mg (2% DV); Total Carbohydrate 15g (5% DV); Dietary Fiber 2g (7% DV); Total Sugars 4g; Includes 3g Added Sugars (6% DV); Protein 4g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 2% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 4% DV; Manganese 35% DV; Biotin 30% DV; Copper 20% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at
© 2024 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796