This vegetarian and heart healthy recipe is a great source of fiber and protein. Add any of your favorite hummus flavors and adding chopped onions work well with this recipe.
- 8 ounces Cedar’s Balsamic Caramelized Onion Hummus
- 1 - 15 ounce can Nature’s Place Pinto Beans (drained)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 15.25 ounce can Nature’s Place Organic Supersweet Corn
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Place Organic Tricolor Quinoa
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup Hannaford Quick Oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Cedar’s Whole Wheat Wraps
- vegetable oil for coating skillet
- In a medium bowl, stir first 8 ingredients until evenly blended.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into burger patties, adding extra oats if needed
- Saute burgers in lightly oiled skillet.
- Flip burgers to brown on both sides.
- Keep burgers warm in a warm oven or on a warm tray.
- Roll each whole wheat wrap to form a bread stick shape.
- Brown the wraps in the warm skillet turning when starts to crisp.
- Serve the burgers with the warm wraps, whole or sliced.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 102g||37%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.5g||64%|
|Total Sugars 11g|
|Includes 2g Added Sugars||4%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 0g|
|Vitamin D 0.5mcg||6%|
|Vitamin A 42.8mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 5.2mcg||6%|
|Vitamin E 1.2mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 5.1mcg||4%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||8%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Organic Supersweet Corn (organic Corn, Water, Sea Salt), Whole Wheat Wrap (whole Wheat Flour, Water, Palm Oil, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Dextrose, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Propionate (a Preservative), Fumaric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Mono -diglycerides, Guar Gum, Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Metabisulfite, Soy Oil), Pinto Beans (water, Organic Pinto Beans, Sea Salt), Balsamic Caramelized Onion Hommus (fresh Steamed Chickpeas, Water, Sesame Tahini, Sauteed Onion, Sunflower Oil, Dark Balsamic Vinegar, White Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt, Garlic, Cumin, Guar Gum), Whole Grain Oats, Eggs, Whole Grain Quinoa, Chia Seeds, Celery, Soybean Oil.
Even if brunch is closer to lunchtime for you, few of us are eager to roll out of bed before the sun to start cooking for a host of people. Fortunately, there’s a host of options for offloading most of the workload onto the night before so you can sleep in and serve your guests an incredible meal too.