Minestrone Soup - 3 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Three Guiding Stars icon Three Guiding Stars indicate the best nutritional value.

Packed with vegetables, this healthy preparation of a classic soup is a perfect, cozy meal for the first chill of fall. Using low-sodium canned ingredients where possible makes this a simple meal to prepare.

Tip: You can cook the pasta separately and add only what you need if you prefer firm pasta.

Ingredients

  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1⅓ cup chopped onion
  • 1½ cup chopped celery
  • 6 oz. tomato paste
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 4¾ cups shredded cabbage
  • 1 lb. tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 cup canned red kidney beans
  • 1½ cups peas
  • 1½ cups green beans
  • 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
  • 11 cups water
  • 2 cups ditalini pasta

Directions

  1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add garlic, onion, and celery, and sauté until soft (5 minutes).
  2. Add remaining ingredients except pasta and stir. Bring to boil and reduce heat, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender (45 minutes).
  3. Add uncooked pasta and simmer until pasta is al dente (10 minutes).
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 325; Total Fat 8g (10% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 270mg (12% DV); Total Carbohydrate 55g (20% DV); Dietary Fiber 9g (32% DV); Total Sugars 10g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 11g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 8% DV; Iron 20% DV; Potassium 20% DV; Molybdenum 80% DV; Folate 60% DV; Thiamin 50% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/minestrone-soup/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796