If you’re craving Mexican but don’t want to indulge in the luxury of eating out, the magnificent flavors of this dish will meet your cravings and then some. Don’t be surprised if your family requests it again and again.
- 2½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (10 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 (15 oz.) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. frozen corn
- 1 (4 oz.) can mild green chili peppers
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded, low-fat cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8″x8″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa and tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the black beans with a fork. Stir in corn, chilis, chili powder, and cumin in the same bowl. Set aside.
- Spread half of the quinoa mixture on the bottom of the baking pan. Add the spinach in a layer followed by all of the bean mixture and half of the cheese. Add the remaining quinoa and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is hot and bubbling (30 minutes). Serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 60g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||46%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 43g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 346mcg||40%|
|Vitamin C 21.1mg||25%|
|Vitamin E 3mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 181.2mcg||150%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Quinoa, Whole Corn, Spinach, Black Beans, Fire Roasted Tomatoes With Diced Chiles (tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Calcium Chloride, Diced Green Chiles), Green Chili Peppers (peppers, Water, Vinegar, Salt, Calcium Chloride), Lowfat Cheddar Cheese (milk, Cultures, Enzymes, Salt), Chili Powder, Cumin.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…