- 4 cups of Cascadian Farm Organic Frozen Corn, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. McCormick Chili Powder (or cayenne)
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 2 oz. Cotija cheese, finely crumbled (or Parmesan cheese)
- Salt & Pepper to taste; if desired
1) In a large bowl, combine cooled corn, cilantro, lime juice, yogurt, and chili powder until mixed-well.
2) Gently stir in diced avocado and top with cheese, an additional sprinkle of chili powder and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm or chilled.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||14%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 12g|
|Vitamin D 0.5mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 63.7mcg||8%|
|Vitamin C 12.8mcg||15%|
|Vitamin E 1.3mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 10mcg||8%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Yellow Corn, Avocado, Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt (pasteurized Milk, Skim Milk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Live Active Yogurt Cultures (acidophilus, Bifidus, L. Bulgaricus And S. Thermophilus), Enzymes, Vitamins A, C, D, E), Parmesan Cheese (milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Lime Juice, Cilantro, Chili Powder.
Cooking at home is a fantastic way to save a little money and dramatically improve your nutrition. That doesn't mean you can enjoy incredible flavor! This easy skillet could pass for an entrée at plenty of hip eateries, and by making it at home, your control over the amount of salt and the types of fat used for cooking make great nutrition an easy win. [roundup recipes="26381" 26381="This looks and tastes like a dish you'd gladly order at a restaurant, and with the balance of lean protein, whole grains, veggies, and heart-healthy fat, it's a well-balanced meal to cook at…