- 4 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup Breakstone’s 2% Lowfat Cottage Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. McCormick dried parsley
- 1/8 cup Hannaford grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Cabot 50% Light Cheddar Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 3/4 cup Classico Riserva Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Hannaford low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup Fresh Express Spinach, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. McCormick dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup tri colored peppers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a spoon, scoop centers from zucchini while leaving a 1/4-inch rim to create boats. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together cottage cheese, egg and parsley. Stir in parmesan cheese and ¼ cup of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat marinara sauce, black beans, chopped spinach, and basil until it comes to a light boil. Remove from heat.
- To assemble boats, brush both sides of zucchini with olive oil and place into two aluminum foil lined baking pans (for easy clean up).
- Divide the cheese mixture evenly among zucchini. Repeat with the sauce mixture and top with chopped peppers. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle tops with remaining shredded cheese. Return to oven uncovered and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||11%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
|Vitamin D 0.6mcg||6%|
|Vitamin A 110.4mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 50.8mcg||60%|
|Vitamin E 0.7mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 25.8mcg||20%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Zucchini Squash, Marinara Pasta Sauce (ground Tomatoes (tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Citric Acid), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Onions, Garlic, Sea Salt, Spices), Low Sodium Black Beans (water, Black Beans, Salt, Calcium Chloride), Lowfat Cottage Cheese (cultured Pasteurized Grade A Skim Milk And Cream, Whey, Contains Less Than 2% Of Modified Food Starch, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Natural Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3), Sharp Light Cheddar Cheese (fresh Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes, Vitamin A Palmitate), Eggs, Green Bell Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, Spinach, Grated Parmesan Cheese (parmesan Cheese (pasteurized Part-skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Cellulose Powder Added To Prevent Caking, Potassium Sorbate To Protect Flavor), Olive Oil, Basil, Parsley.
Even if brunch is closer to lunchtime for you, few of us are eager to roll out of bed before the sun to start cooking for a host of people. Fortunately, there’s a host of options for offloading most of the workload onto the night before so you can sleep in and serve your guests an incredible meal too.