Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Cookies - 1 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
One Guiding Star icon One Guiding Star indicates good nutritional value.

High in protein, low in sugar and bursting with flavor, these cookies are worth adding to your dessert rotation. Serve them in August when blueberries are at their freshest for the best possible flavor or make them from frozen blueberries for a taste of summer in the winter cold.

Ingredients

  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1½ cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • zest from 1 lemon

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
  2. Mix together the sugar, applesauce and yogurt. When well-blended, add egg and vanilla and mix well.
  3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly. Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
  4. Drop cookie dough onto baking sheets by tablespoons. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are just brown at the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for two minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 35; Total Fat 0g (0% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 4mg (2% DV); Sodium 30mg (1% DV); Total Carbohydrate 7g (3% DV); Dietary Fiber 0.5g (0% DV); Total Sugars 3g; Includes 2g Added Sugars (4% DV); Protein 2g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 2% DV; Iron 0% DV; Potassium 0% DV; Selenium 6% DV; Manganese 4% DV; Phosphorus 4% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/lemon-blueberry-yogurt-cookies/
© 2022 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796