Hot or Cold Chai Smoothie - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

There’s no actual tea in this smoothie, but the warm spices will fill your senses like a good cup of chai. By soaking and pureeing cashews, you’re essentially creating something like a thick cashew milk, sweetened lightly by a few dates.


  • ½ cup unsalted cashews
  • 1¾ cups water
  • ⅓ cup pitted dates
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • Pinch of pepper
  • ½ tsp. vanilla
  • ¼ tsp. ginger
  • ¼ tsp. cardamom


  1. Soak the cashews in the water (30 minutes – 24 hours). The longer they soak, the smoother they’ll puree.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
  3. Refrigerate to chill (30 minutes) or heat in the microwave (1 minute) to achieve your preferred temperature.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 290; Total Fat 16g (21% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 3g (15% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 15mg (1% DV); Total Carbohydrate 36g (13% DV); Dietary Fiber 4g (14% DV); Total Sugars 22g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 6g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 4% DV; Iron 15% DV; Potassium 8% DV; Copper 100% DV; Manganese 35% DV; Magnesium 25% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at
© 2024 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796