Let the mushrooms marinate in this dressing for a bit before grilling to allow the flavors to develop.
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed (about 30)
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Lemon wedge
- Additional chives for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sherry, soy sauce, chives, sesame seeds, ginger and sesame oil. Add mushrooms to mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Grill mushrooms over medium heat for 5 minutes per side. Alternatively, bake mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking.
- Arrange mushrooms on a heated platter and sprinkle with a few drops of fresh lemon juice if desired. Garnish with additional minced chives.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 2g|
|Vitamin D 0.3mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 1.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin C 0.3mcg||0%|
|Vitamin E 0mg||0%|
|Vitamin K 1.2mcg||0%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Shiitake Mushroom, Sweet Port Dessert Wine, Low Sodium Soy Sauce (water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Lactic Acid, Sodium Benzoate: Less Than 1/10th Of 1% As A Preservative), Sesame Seeds, Sesame Oil, Ginger, Chives.
When the school year wraps up, the organization and structure that comes along with it wraps up too. Whether at camp, home, or a friend’s house, kids are on their own more and this independence can make keeping track of their eating a challenge. However, caregivers need not worry if they've put into place solid snacking strategies.