Glazed Carrots - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Glazed carrots are a well-loved tradition for weekend dinners and holidays. This version uses 100% juice in place of more processed sugars for a sweet-tart option that will delight your taste buds.

Tip: If you don’t want to slice carrots, use baby carrots and cover for the first 10 minutes of the cooking process.

Ingredients

  • ½ Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. unsalted butter
  • 2 lbs. carrots, sliced
  • 2 Tbsp. 100% orange juice
  • ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
  • ¼ tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp. salt

Directions

  1. Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and sauté until starting to brown (5 minutes).
  2. Add the remaining ingredients to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and liquid is evaporated (15 minutes).
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 80; Total Fat 2g (3% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 0.5g (3% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 2mg (0% DV); Sodium 200mg (9% DV); Total Carbohydrate 15g (5% DV); Dietary Fiber 4.5g (14% DV); Total Sugars 8g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 2g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 4% DV; Iron 0% DV; Potassium 10% DV; Vitamin A 140% DV; Molybdenum 20% DV; Vitamin K 20% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/glazed-carrots/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796