Cheesy Chickpeas - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Don’t let the name fool you—this snack is completely vegan! The cheese-like flavor comes from nutritional yeast, which is a treat whether or not you abstain from eating dairy. You’ll love the savory crunch of this easy snack, and it’s perfect to tuck into a lunchbox for on-the-go munching.


  • 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and dried
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. garlic powder


  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Toss the chickpeas in a bowl with the olive oil. Spread out on the baking sheet and bake until crispy, stirring 2-3 times (30 minutes).
  3. Whisk together the nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic powder.
  4. While the chickpeas are still warm, toss them in the seasoning until generously coated.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 285; Total Fat 10g (13% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1.5g (8% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 600mg (26% DV); Total Carbohydrate 36g (13% DV); Dietary Fiber 10.5g (39% DV); Total Sugars 6g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 14g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 4% DV; Iron 20% DV; Potassium 10% DV; Thiamin 380% DV; Riboflavin 280% DV; Vitamin B12 280% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at
© 2024 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796