Champagne Greens - 1 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
One Guiding Star icon One Guiding Star indicates good nutritional value.

Edible flowers aren’t always in season or easy to find, but if you can get them from your local farmer’s market, they’ll give this salad a unique twist. The dressing is the perfect proportion for any salad. Mix up a bigger batch and keep on hand for a ready-made dressing to accompany whatever fresh vegetables your table is featuring for dinner.

Ingredients

Dressing:

  • 1 Tbsp. Champagne vinegar
  • ½ Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
  • ⅛ tsp. salt
  • ⅛ tsp. pepper
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil

Salad:

  • ¾ lb. mixed baby greens
  • 1½ oz. edible flowers (optional)

Directions

  1. Whisk together dressing ingredients.
  2. Add greens and flowers and toss until coated well.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 55; Total Fat 4.5g (6% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 0.5g (3% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 75mg (3% DV); Total Carbohydrate 2g (1% DV); Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV); Total Sugars 1g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 1g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 4% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 4% DV; Vitamin K 150% DV; Vitamin A 20% DV; Folate 15% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/champagne-greens/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796