Asian Cabbage Salad - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Serve this at your next barbecue. It’s a nice alternative to the usual mayonnaise-laden slaws. The crisp, fresh flavor is perfect for any hot summer day and you’ll especially love it with a nicely grilled fish.

Ingredients

Salad:

  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper
  • 3 cups shredded cabbage
  • 1 cup shredded bok choy
  • 1 cup snow peas, steamed
  • ΒΌ cup sliced green onion
  • 1 carrot, sliced

Dressing:

  • 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. sesame oil
  • 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce

Directions

  1. Whisk together dressing ingredients.
  2. Gently mix together the rest of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 95; Total Fat 5g (6% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 0.5g (3% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 80mg (3% DV); Total Carbohydrate 12g (4% DV); Dietary Fiber 2g (7% DV); Total Sugars 6g; Includes 3g Added Sugars (6% DV); Protein 2g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 6% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 6% DV; Vitamin C 60% DV; Vitamin K 25% DV; Vitamin A 20% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/asian-cabbage-salad/
© 2021 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796