Peanuts and tomatoes may sound like strange bedfellows if you haven’t had much experience with north African cuisine, but in our humble opinion, it’s a combination that merits your attention. The sweetness and acidity pair perfectly with sweet potatoes, creating a rich, flavorful stew that you’ll want more of.
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh chives, minced
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 ¼ cups yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 ½ cups red potatoes, quartered
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1. Combine sour cream and chives in a small bowl; cover. Refrigerate while the stew is cooking.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in peanuts, salt, and crushed red pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add potatoes, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Top stew with sour cream mixture and serve warm.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 54g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||32%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 31g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 772.6mcg||90%|
|Vitamin C 55.5mcg||60%|
|Vitamin E 2.1mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 10.3mcg||8%|
|Vitamin B6 0.6mg||35%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Diced Tomatoes (tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Calcium Chloride, Citric Acid), Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (filtered Water, Organic Carrots, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Leeks, Sea Salt, Organic Bay Leaves, Organic Parsley, Organic Thyme), Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Fat Free Sour Cream (cultured Pasteurized Nonfat Milk, Vitamin A Palmitate), Onion, Dry Roasted Peanuts, Red Bell Pepper, Chives, Canola Oil, Garlic, Salt, Red Pepper Flakes.
Guacamole made with simple ingredients adds a nice boost of heart-healthy fats and produce to any wrap, and paired with this delicious pork, your friends will be fighting more over the last wrap than over whose team is better on the field.