This star-worthy casserole will please everyone at your holiday gatherings.
Number of Servings: 5 with about 1/2 cup per serving. (120 G )
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour and 10 Minutes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon brandy flavoring
- Boil the sweet potatoes whole in a large pot for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a large bowl of cold water. Soak until cool enough to handle. Peel.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a 1-quart casserole dish with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Although sweet potatoes and yams are similar, they come from different plants. Yams are common in Central and South America, but almost everything sold in the United States as yams are really sweet potatoes.