Making swordfish as tasty as it possible, make this easy to follow recipe and judge for yourself.
Number of Servings: 4 (1 Steak) (249 G )
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 (6-8 ounce) swordfish steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 5-6 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Lemon wedges
1. Season swordfish on both sides with salt, pepper and red chile flakes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat. Add swordfish in a single layer and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside. Lower heat to medium.
2. To the same pan, add remaining oil. Add shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add wine, tomatoes, olives and oregano. Stir to combine.
3. Return swordfish to the pan. Simmer 3 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and wine has reduced by half. Remove from heat. Add toasted pine nuts and basil. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.