Great enjoyed as a dip with veggie strips and baked chips. Add as many extra veggies as you wish: good candidates include jalapenos, blanched and cooled corn, and whole cooked black beans.
Try mixing a few spoonfuls of this spread with diced grilled or poached chicken on a bed of lettuce or in a wrap with some brown rice and sliced tomato.
Number of Servings: 12 - 1/4 cup servings (approx. 3 cups) (80 G )
Created by: Erin Dow
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice, approximately 3 limes
- 1 cup diced fresh Roma tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper and Tabasco, to taste
Place beans, carrots, avocado, garlic, and lime juice in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Combine the pureed mixture and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl stirring until well blended. Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving.