A healthy and refreshing way to start the day!
Number of Servings: 4 (242 G )
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 13 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 Granny Smith or other crisp dessert apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups apricot and orange nectar or unsweetened orange juice
1. Bring fruit juices, raisins and butter to a boil.
2. Halve, peel, and core apples. Lower them carefully into juice mixture and simmer gently for 7-10 minutes or until soft but not mushy.
3. Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to make a paste.
4. Transfer apples to a serving dish, cut side down.
5. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the juice and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour over apples and chill before serving.