Nothing says summer elegance like fresh seafood with creamy pasta. Keeping these indulgent dishes healthy can be a challenge, but with this simple, beautifully-flavored dish, consider the challenge met. Serve with plenty of fresh vegetables for a balanced meal.
Perfectly browned scallops on a bed of whole-grain pasta are perfectly ornamented with a light wine sauce and dashed with capers for that spark of salt in your mouth. This is a rich dish, so serve it in small portions with a hearty side of fresh vegetables for an elegant, nutritious meal perfect for that special occasion.
Servings: 4 - 1 1/2 Cups Servings (261 G )
Prep Time: 10 MInutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 pound dry sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Sprinkle scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops; cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Whisk wine, clam juice and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cook garlic in the pan over medium-high heat, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine mixture; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, capers and butter; cook until the butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the scallops to the pan, add the pasta and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and coated with the sauce, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.