Grilling avocado completely changes the flavor and texture, imparting the already creamy flesh with a smoky, velvety softness. Black bean salsa, fresh and rich with flavor, is the perfect partner to create a stunning, original entree for your next barbecue.
Your guests will love these easy to prepare and smoky treats. Serve with a side of brown rice or corn tortillas for a complete meal you can enjoy.
Servings: 6 (190 G )
Prep Time: (Marinate Time: 3 Hours) 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Black Bean Salsa:
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 medium size tomato (or 2 small), diced small
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped, about 1 cup
- A splash or two of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- Grilled Avocados:
- 3 avocados- halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Black Bean Salsa:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to bring out the flavors.
1. Generously apply extra virgin olive oil over the avocados with a basting brush.
2. Place the avocados “meat” side down on a hot BBQ grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until the skin gets hot and turns bright green.
3. Fill each half with salsa.