When it comes to sweets and chocolate, sometimes you just want a cookie. The smell of hot, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies on a Saturday afternoon is a treat that we probably indulge in less frequently than we’d like. With this banana-sweetened recipe, you can feel good about letting your family enjoy the luxury of homemade cookies a little more often.
These cookies are sugar free, naturally. Bananas sweeten a whole-grain, protein-packed mash of grains and almond meal to make a delicious cookie. The dough is a bit looser than normal cookie dough, but the end product is just as tasty.
Servings: 36 (29 G )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 14 Minutes
- 3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the bananas, vanilla extract and oil. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough an inch apart onto a parchment- lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes.